Sunday 27 March 2011

Keira Knightley Digital portrait

So I did this for a college project where we were asked to try something different to what we usually do. I usually did digital manipulations. This took me a very long time (around 10 - 12 hours total) and I'm most proud of her hand on her hip, Not so keen on her hair.
The amount of layers I had was insane, I ended up having to use folders to distinguish which layers did what. My main tools in photo-shop were the path tool, paint bucket, smudge and blur.
Unfortunately again I lost all the originals when the old computer was fried... Which is a shame because a lot of detail on the top etc was lost when I JPEG'd it. I'm hoping I might still have it on my external hard drive, but I need a new power unit for it, so haven't had a chance to find out.
Over all I was relatively happy with how it came out, it has a kind of vector feel too it. Though I would never be able to do something like this in illustrator! lol

I also have this up over at my deviant art account (Scarlet Faith)








No comments:

Post a Comment