Wednesday 6 July 2011

Monkeys... and a token bunny

I make sock monkeys. People seem to love them! I didn't think they would be that popular, I just thought it was me and my weird sense of taste. 

The ones below were made as prizes for competition winners on a forum I'm part of. I also had a go at my first bunny. I didn't like the nose template I found so I decided to have a go my self. It was actually an accident but turned out okay, looks a little cat like, but I was happy with my first attempt.

I really want to try owls and dragons next, but I still have a few monkeys on order.

So with out further waffling... of which I am usually guilty of, I give you Minkeys Monkeys.




West Ham

Child friendly Monkey

Love Monkey



The Ace of monkeys

And Minkey's Bunny made for RabbidHellBunny over at twitter.

All are completely hand sewn as I am useless with sewing machines. On average they take me between 2 - 5 hours depending on if I'm having a good sewing day or not. Some use normal socks, some are knee highs. The mini monkeys are made from one sock. Then just buttons, stuffing, the odd bit of felt and thread :) Oh and I got the labels made for me :D I was quite chuffed with the way they turned out .

No comments:

Post a Comment